Welcome! Thank you for visiting the webpage for the First Presbyterian Church of Mount Clemens. I am pleased to introduce you to the church and to me.
First, let me tell you about the church. First Presbyterian Church (FPC) seeks to live its motto which is Come As A Guest and Leave As Family. From the moment you enter our doors people are here to help you find your way, answer your questions and make sure that you feel welcome.
FPC seeks to serve God in everything we do. We are committed to:
- Providing for the worship of God every Sunday both through our Morning Glory contemporary style worship at 9:00 a.m. and the traditional style worship at 10:30 a.m. We want to meet your worship needs.
- Regular opportunities for Bible study. Please watch our calendar and front page for upcoming opportunities to get involved with Bible study.
- Commitment to our children and youth. I welcome you to look at our pages for children and youth to see the exciting opportunities available for them.
- Making sure our mission goes beyond the church. This is a church dedicated to mission! From growing tomatoes on church property to feed our neighbors fresh vegetables to hosting the Warming Center and MCREST we seek to live our witness to the community and the larger world.
- Relationships. Every summer there are church members who camp for a weekend together at Stony Creek, we have members that attend the Presbyterian Pilgrimage events offered in the spring and fall, we picnic together and we attend concerts hosted at our church. Every relationship is important to us.
- Visiting our members who are homebound. This church is dedicated to loving our members who can no longer be in worship with us. We take them bulletins and we bring them communion.
- You, our guests. We are honored by your presence and are interested in how we can meet your spiritual needs.
I would welcome you to come any Sunday. Let us know how we can be helpful to you in your walk with God.
Now, let me tell you about me. My name is Reverend Peggy Casteel. This is my first year as the called and installed pastor for First Presbyterian Church of Mount Clemens, Michigan. I am delighted to be pastor for this congregation.
I was born and raised in southern Indiana. Evansville, Indiana is where my son, his wife and my three beautiful grandchildren live. I have my undergraduate degrees from two universities: University of Evansville in liberal arts and Oklahoma Baptist University in Christian studies. I also hold two master level degrees, one from Loyola University in pastoral administration and a Master of Divinity from Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary.
In my early years of ministry, I served the church for close to 15 years prior to realizing that God was calling me to be a pastor. I served Oakhill Baptist Church as their Sunday School Superintendent for 6 years where I worked with children and youth before being called to two Presbyterian churches to be their Director of Christian Education and Director of Preschool ministries.
Previous to coming to serve as pastor for First Presbyterian Church, I was a solo pastor in southern Indiana in a small rural town for five years before being called and installed as the associate pastor for children and youth in Columbus, Indiana.
I have led many a mission trip both with youth and adults. I have served Habitat for Humanity on trips to disaster zones and I have led three adult mission trips to Israel and Palestine. Every trip with every group has been a joy.
What this church and I share in common is a passionate love for God and for our neighbors. We both want to further the reign of Christ in this place. We desire to help the children and youth grow into their full knowledge of who Jesus Christ is to them. We want this church to grow deeper in God’s Holy Presence.
So let me close by saying Welcome! If I can be helpful to you spiritually in any way, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Blessings and peace,
Rev. Peggy Casteel
Pastor, Head of Staff